Is a sinus problem making you miserable? Millions of folks suffer from sinus issues, but few understand the treatment options that are available today. Lafayette Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists in Lafayette, LA, offer state-of-the-art treatment options for sinus problems. Here are five common sinus problems that our Lafayette, LA, doctors want you to be aware of.
1. Sinus Infection- A sinus infection is swelling or inflammation of the sinuses. When the sinuses become filled with fluid and become blocked, bacteria can grow there and cause an infection.
2. Sinus Headaches- A sinus headache causes a deep throbbing pain in the front of your face and head. It is caused by an inflammation in your sinuses. Leaning over or bending down usually makes the pain worse, as does damp and cold weather.
3. Narrow sinuses- Some individuals have variations in their anatomy that create a narrower path for the transition spaces to drain. If the opening is too narrow, normal mucus drainage may not occur.
4. Deviated Nasal Septum- Your nasal septum separates the right and left airways in your nose. In many individuals, it is deviated, or off to one side. A deviated septum is one reason some individuals have sinus problems.
5. Allergies- You may be sensitive to certain foods you eat and things in your environment. That can cause an allergic reaction that leads to swelling in the nose. Classic allergy symptoms are sneezing, clear nasal discharge, watery and itchy eyes, congestion and a ticklish or scratchy throat.
A sinus problem can significantly diminish a person's quality of life. There's no need to suffer. If you want a life free from sinus problems, call Lafayette Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists in Lafayette, LA, at (337) 232-2330 right now to schedule an appointment with one of our world-class otolaryngologists.